It is hard to show a portfolio of the work I have done since most of it is confidential, however I can share the stories.
I have participated in a number of European and Dutch national projects as one of the technical sources of expertise. My usual role in those projects is to make the technical part of the projects a reality. I did this by taking existing knowledge or by researching for new methods for the development of innovative services to meet the requirements and expectations generated in those projects.
I do have open source projects where I can show code and results. Hence I encourage you to have a look at them at my GitHub page: https://github.com/SanPen
Analytics and Forecast
- Developed an ancillary services price forecasting system using machine learning and optimization to provide the best operational schedule for power plants.
- Developed systems for prices arbitrage.
- Price, generation and load forecast.
- Machine learning based systems (outliers detection, Optical recognition, forecast, etc.)
EU funded projects
- Database to handle the vehicle battery exchange. (EasyBat) This was done while I was still as an intern.
- Development of PLATOS (The grid optimization software) as a new, built from scratch, user friendly and professional software piece to fulfil the company tasks of the NEMO project.
- I have briefly participated in other projects as requirements responsible for my company at the time (E+,VIMSEN)
- Software for the reliability evaluation of electrical grids with storage devices and decentralized generation in general.
- Development of a short term solar forecast methodology which is still in testing phase. The method is based on motion vectors, fluid mechanics and Bayesian state estimation.
- Developed a library for stochastic collocation, which is a method to reduce the number of evaluations of the Monte Carlo simulations. This work has been done in collaboration with CWI (Center for mathematics and computer science in Amsterdam).
- Development of a framework of co-simulation of electrical tools and models. This particular development aims to become the company standard in modelling, although there is a lot of work to do, mainly regarding its adoption.
- Developed a software to asses the optimal storage technology and capacity to satisfy grid connection requirements at the lowest cost.
- Grid calculations as REST interfaces.
- Participated in the design and programming of a system for testing smart meters in the UK (Using python, Jira and C#).
- Have participated in the evaluation and implementation of SCADA systems.
- Have participated in several tendering processes (World bank, EU H2020, National funding, etc.)
- Have participated in a project to asses the reliability improvement of utilities in Chile.
- Have participated in the compliance with grid code requirements.
- DataHub assessment.
- Design of ancillary services.
- Modernization of in-house processes through digitalization program.